Why Do I Need a Neurologist After My Car Accident?
When you’ve been in a car accident, it’s critical that you see a neurologist right away. Here’s why.
Untreated neurological injuries can lead to ongoing pain and degenerative ailments. Your symptoms often won’t go away on their own. Instead, they will get worse over time.
There are many symptoms of a neurological injury, and each of these should be treated with equal gravity. After a car wreck, don’t assume that the symptoms will get better when you go home. The impact of a vehicle accident is stronger than you think, and you must seek care immediately.
Common symptoms following an automobile accident:
- Inability to comprehend or retain information, forgetfulness
- Feeling extremely irritated or anxious
- Ringing of the ears or hearing a humming noise
- Hypersensitivity to light
- Feeling dizzy, faint, or “spaced out”
- Bouts of nausea or vomiting
- Stiff, sore, or tender muscles—especially in the neck or back
- Tingling, numb, or stinging sensations in the arms, fingers, legs or toes
- No feeling in the arms, fingers, legs, or toes
- Slurred or hard to understand speech patterns
Our Board certified physicians at Emas Spine and Brain have extensive experience in treating automobile accident victims. If you’ve been injured and are in pain; call the Experts at Emas Spine and Brain. Call and schedule your appointment today at 904-337-1111
What you can expect from our office:
*Immediate/Same day appointments
*Board-Certified Neurology and Pain Management
*On-site diagnostic testing
*Auto and most insurances accepted
*State-of-the-art Pain Management Facility
Emas Spine and Brain
4085 University Blvd. S. Ste. 3
Jacksonville, Fl 32216